S/S 2012 research

In order for me to get a better idea of what trends may be about for the future I feel I need to review what is going on now in the beauty S/S season. From there I can then see what has already been done and will not be about and also what I think will progress into a trend.


Makeup trends for S/S 2012 according to Harper's Bizaar.com


"Makeup artists played with a mix of old and new for spring. Backstage inspiration boards featured rouge lip colours that seemed pulled from a vanity table drawer from long ago, futuristic glittery eye accents, timeless natural tones and indelible smoky shadows and liners done in fresh ways. The overall message: pair vintage with modern to make a statement that’s unique and all your own this season."


Lips are either in classic reds or a romantic rose shade, lips either have a dramatic edge or a turn to soft modernity.


I think reds have been seen quite a lot in the past couple of seasons so I do not think it will make another recurrence for S/S 2014. On the other hand I believe that pinks and softer shades on the lips could and it is something I would be interested in bringing into my trend.


Big brows are also been seen a lot on the catwalks for S/S 12, again I think big brows have been used quite a lot. I do think they are going to stay around for a luttle longer as people are seeking for bigger brows but I believe there will be another twist to this whether it will be perfectly groomed, brushed up or untamed. 

Skin has a flawless natural feel to it this season with a pale radiance. There are no sight of tans at the moment as skin is only just starting to be shown after a cold winter and it looks like it is going to stay that way. The pale beauty is starting to become more important in today's society, people are realising sun=skin damage and people do not want this so I believe pale will be sticking around in time for S/S 2014. 

If a glow is wanted to be applied to the skin, the way forward is through bronzer and blush. These cheeks are an important element to S/S 12. 

Glamorous lashes are also appearing often within the catwalks for S/S 12. Femininity is back and this is a great way to show it. I think femininity is here to stay for a few seasons especially for spring. 

Cat eyes and eye liner flicks are in at the moment but I think the time is nearly over for this look. Fresh faced and youthful is something I want to interpret for my trend. The flicks have been a way of reminiscing on the Amy Winehouse look but I think it is time to move on approach something different. 

Colour washes on the eyes are being brought into the beauty trends and this is something I like the look of. These are some of the looks being used on the catwalks.


Hair trends of Spring Summer 

"In a season defined by minimalism and natural beauty, hairstylists channeled easy elegance for spring. The sporting life was a popular theme with styles that looked fresh from the ocean or outdoors, and classic American glamour had a big moment with polished ponytails, graceful braids, and bouncy blowouts. Still, nothing was too perfect or impeccable—deconstructed waves and undone knots and twists proved that having a bit of an edge is as chic as ever"




Wet, barely-wrung hair:

The ever popular ponytail:

The beachy wave has given way to the urban bend—a loose, louche curve in the hair that’s effortless

Embellished Updos:



Sophisticated Braids and Twists
Although these trends are around at present some will progress and adapt into similar but differerent trends. I want to draw upon these trends and use some of them to come up with ideas for my S/S 14 trend. I have noticed that as a trend the looks are more feminine and slightly softer for the S/S months. This is something I will continue to do for my trend. I do not want to simply copy the looks as they have already been done, instead I will use them as inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment